Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Hello World!

As I write this it is just before midnight on Tuesday October seventh.  The family is asleep and I have just started my first blog.  It's amazing it took this long since I have been on the internet since before the world wide web existed.

Why am I doing this?  Why now?

Simply because I felt I needed another outlet to speak.  That may sound strange since as a minister I have the privilege of preaching and teaching multiple times a week on the greatest subject there is  - our wonderful God. Those times, however, are highly structured and limited (some more so than others).  It always amazes me how during a week of sermon & teaching prep the Holy spirit will show me truths from the scripture that have always been there but I have been too blind or too stubborn to see.  It also amazes me how often those truths speak to the times we live in as well as to the trials I see others facing.

That is what I hope to do with this blog.  I hope to reflect Him, in some small way get you thinking more about Him and pray you see His presence around you.

As Paul writes in 1st Corinthians 2:17 For we are not like the many who market God’s message for profit. On the contrary, we speak with sincerity in Christ, as from God and before God.[HCSB]

Like Paul I have nothing to sell.  Unlike Paul I can lay claim to no great knowledge or wisdom.  All I can do is try to point you to a God who loves you, and a truth that will help you.

Till next time,
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment